birthday? re.

>Date:         Tue, 6 Jul 1993 21:49:43 EET
>From: "F.Baube[tm]" <flb%FLB.OPTIPLAN.FI@CUVMB.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU>

>> giving, perhaps, "nu jbena kei djedi" for "birthday".
>>
>> ~mark

>*quelle* portmanteau

Blech.  I wasn't really thinking, obviously.  {djedi} is the wrong gismu
for the more common meaning of "birthday".  Colin had it better with
{detri}.  Still, I don't see anything wrong with the structure of it; {nu
jbena key detri} sounds okay.  What's so "*quelle*" about it? :-)

>BTW what is Lojban for "portmanteau" ?

>one *must* have *meta*-words

Lojban tends to have met-everythings coming out of all its orifices.
"Portmanteau" as in "word with multiple meanings"?  Um, "se smuni be
so'i/za'upa da valsi", or simplified lujvo?  There are lots of
possibilities.

~mark