Re: TECH: ponse

I agree with Mark that 'ponse' is in danger of overuse. Note the definition:

ponse  pos     po'e possess          possesses/owns x2 under law/custom x3; (cf.
 ckini, ralte, jitro, steci, srana, tutra, turni)  5g 188

"law/custom" is part of the definition, and if you don't have one, you're not
a ponse.
(In case you need to look them up, the other words contrasted are:
ckini	related
ralte	retain
jitro	control
steci	specific
srana	pertain
tutra	territory (controlled by)
turne	govern)

 Thus "mi ponse re tuple"
unambiguously states that there are two things that are legs which I possess or
own under some law or custom. Perhaps we have butchered an animal and are
arguing over how to divide it up.
 The sentence has almost nothing to do with
	"mi se tuple re da"

I say 'almost nothing' because there are a few rare occasions when they can
refer to the same things. For example
	"mi se xadni ti"	=	 "This is my body"
	"mi ponse ti poi xadni"		" I own this body"
The last would normally refer to something other than my own body (le xadni be
mi) - perhaps the corpse of a relative. But it could so refer in discussing
for example civil rights.
		Colin