Re: Tex version of Ckafybarja Papers

The reason we use non-proportional fonts for Lojban text has nothing to do
with making things computer like, and everything to do with making Lojban
and English interlinear text able to be lined up.  I'm sure there exists
software that can do this with proportional fonts, but I don;t have it
(unless I want to put a tab in for every word of text).  Almost everything
we publish has at least some interlinear text in, it, so we tend to stick
with the non-proportional fonts in any document where that is needed.
The dictionary will use some kind of proportional font for Lojban except
if I have a small chunk that needs interlinear text.

(Another problem with proportional fonts, by the way, is that in some
cases it is a pain to convert such a file to an electronic format with
80 character lines.  My word processor supports this to a limited extent,
but I still have to do some amount of hand massaging, which is why the
files posted to the Planned ALanguages  Server are mostly in a less usable
form with more than 80 characters per line, and hence not readable for
many computer people.)

lojbab