Re: TECH(?): can everyone write impeccably grammatical Lojban?

Mark:
> >Date:         Wed, 23 Sep 1992 19:39:16 +0100
> >From: And Rosta <ucleaar%UCL.AC.UK@CUVMB.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU>
>
> >If one wishes to write perfectly grammatical Lojban, but knows next to no
> >Lojban grammar, can one stick whatever hotchpotch one writes inside
> >cmavo for ungrammatical quotation & thereby render the text grammatical?
>
> Of course.  Then again, that won't have accomplished much, since such text
> would likely be skipped by most listeners, human or computer.
>
> {zoi .gy. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs .gy.} is
> grammatical Lojban, but then "He said, 'Ani holech l'beit ha-sefer.'" is
> grammatical English, and equally unhelpful in getting accross the import of
> what's quoted.

But "He said 'What you name is'" would all get processed by the English
speaking hearer, even tho the quote needn't be grammatical or English.

My point is that although computers might most likely skip zoi stuff,
I think people wouldn't.

----
And. Atsor