TECH: proposed lujvo list from Greg Higley

lujvo                   velciksi
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
bromalsi                "synagogue"  [And so on.  Its no new discovery
                        that the names of the major religious
                        edifice(s) can be made with malsi.]
musymalsi               "mosque"
xisymalsi               "church"
etc.                    etc.
jelspo                  "destroy by burning"  [This is the basic
                        meaning.  More colloquial translations might
                        be "put to the torch, burn down, burn up" and
                        many others.  "-spo" can be added to many
                        words to create interesting lujvo of this
                        type.]
po'aspo                 "destroy by (causing to) explode"  [It is the
                        x2 place of "po'aspo" that does the exploding.
                        "le nu ta spoja cu po'aspo ti" covers any x1
                        explosions nicely.]
zaltapla                x1 is a tile/patty/etc. made of ground-up
                        material x2  [This is one of the "General Pur-
                        pose lujvo" I talked about in my comments on
                        lujvo.]
rartapla                x1 is a naturally occurring tile-shape of
                        composition x2
taktapla                x1 is a ceramic tile of specific ceramic x2
drutapla                x1 is a ceiling/roof tile of composition x2
                        [A GPL.  It isn't specific as to whether cei-
                        ling or roof tiles are needed.  But if you're
                        tiling your roof, and you say, "Joe, hand me
                        that drutapla", you aren't likely to be mis-
                        understood.  It's the same thing in English.
                        When tiling a roof, you don't keep repeating
                        "roof tile" over and over.  You eventually
                        just say "tile".]
zdabartu drutapla       "roof tile"  [There may well be an easier way
                        to say this.  "bartu drutapla" might not
                        clearly mean "roof tile".  I don't know any-
                        thing about carpentry or the like, but "bartu
                        drutapla" could be some kind of "exterior
                        ceiling tile" as opposed to an interior one.]
zdabartu                x1 is exterior to/outside of the nest/dwelling
                        of x2  [As in "Mom, I'm going outside.":  "doi
                        mamta  i mi zdabartu klama".]
zdanei                  x1 is inside of/interior to the nest/dwelling
                        of x2  [As in "I'm staying in":  mi zdanei
                        stali.  It could also roughly mean, "at home"
                        DD as long as x2 is the same as x1.]
zdasta                  x1 stays at home x2
po'ertutra              x1 is territory (property) owned by x2
ni'ablo                 x1 is a submarine  [I experimented with a
                        number of different terms for "submarine", but
                        I think this sums it up nicely.  I had sfe-
                        ni'ablo, but sfe- turned out to be rather re-
                        dundant:  What else would it be under but the
                        surface?]
zalre'u                 x1 is ground meat from source x2  [A good
                        GPL.]
remso'a                 x1 is a human ovum from woman x2
remtsi                  x1 is human sperm from human x2
cticinza                [cinza used for eating]
besmoi                  brain-dead
jiksre                  x1 errs socially in x2  ["social faux-pas".]
menmikce                [A general purpose lujvo:  "psychiatrist,
                        psychologist, counselor" etc.]

Greg Higley