GEN + TEXT:INT - phone communications

>Date:         Thu, 17 Sep 1992 19:25:16 BST
>From: C.J.Fine%BRADFORD.AC.UK@CUVMB.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU

>> All Lojbanis are encouraged to suss out IRC, the Internet Relay Chat
>> (international talk); Mark and I have already found it quite handy.

>Looking at the equipment I'm using, I think I can receive voice mail, but as
>far as I know there's no equipment to record it.

No, not voice mail.  Text only.  It's a program that allows real-time text
discussions internationally, over the Internet and a large network of
servers.  You may or may not have it, and you may or may not be able to get
it if you don't.  If you do, check into it.  Once I saw this message come
in this morning, I *had* to bop onto IRC myself... and sure enough there
was Nick.  We almost understood each other there for a while.  Good
practice.

>   Colin

~mark