Re: A few questions

>First and most importantly:  is there a gismu for "forget"?  I didn't find
>one.  You can't use "na morji", since it's possible not to remember
>something by never knowing it in the first place.  I suppose you could use
>"sisti lenu morji" but that's real ugly.  Or can we use sismo'i as a
>well-understood lujvo?  I'm usually leery of lujvo, preferring tanru.

How about mo'u morji? More or less to stop remembering, though the aspects
in Lojban are murky. Esperanto won't help you here, though I see no reason
why not to use {co'a} for "ek-".

>How would you say "to hang" transitively?  dandu is intransitive.

How do you say "to hang (intr)" in Esp? pendi. How to say "to hang (tr.)"?
pendigi. What does -igi correspond to? rinka. What is the one thing I have
gotten out of diklujvo?
broda: arguments b1 b2 b3 b4 b5
rinka arguments r1 r2 (r3)
lujvo *brodari'a: arguments r1 b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 (r3).

mi (or: tu'a mi) dadri'a lo dandu lo se dandu:
mi rinka lenu lo dandu cu dandu lo se dandu

>How might I ask a rhetorical question?  I hoped to find a discursive, but
>couldn't.

paunai. This is something Lojbab missed as well. Recall that Lojban questions
are screaming demands to "fill in the blanks", and have to be countered
if not intended as such.

>What's a good discursive for a hypothetical or counterfactual claim?  "If I
>were to eat my left foot, I'd need only one shoe." (but I haven't and don't
>plan to eat it).  I'm using "ru'a"--I postulate.  Is that right?  "le nu mi
>ru'a citka lemi zunle jamfu kei cu rinka lenu mi nitcu pa cutci"
>(the-event-of I (postulate!) eat my left-foot causes the-event-of I need
>one shoe).  Does that work?

Definitely not rinka. nibli, and maybe lesi'o rather than lenu.

>Have we got a better way of saying "stick" (as in adhere) than using
>"lasna" (fasten) with various SE and FA words?  That method's okay, I
>guess.  I'm just asking.

I only know 550 gismu, Mark. Who do you think I am, Lojbab or something? %^)

>co'omi'e .mark.

co'o mark.