events .vs.states

Folks,
    I am not sure if I already  posted this or if the copy was
misdirected to only lojbab.  Thus lojbab will get it twice and
the rest of you once or twice.  SORRY!

Folks,
    The explaination given by lojbab does not yet sit well with me
and I ask your endurance while we try to reconcile my (mis)conceptions
with those of others.

    In computer science, and not contradicted by webster's dictionary,
state is a subcategory of event.  An event is a unit of time (not
necessarily pointwise but frequently so) organized or conceptually
unified (into a unit) by an activity.  A state is a conditon and
while a state may be used in the definition of a particulare event
there may be many different events (occurring in discontinguous
periods of time) that involve that state.
    I don't have a problem with there being a generalized
event/state/activity/process abstactor but then there should be
a specific abstractor for events as distinct from states.

Do the following example violate either the current thinking
or my heretical believe that events are not states.

        da xagji je sipna
        .i le nu da sisti le za'i da sipna kei kei
            cu na galfi le za'i da xagji

    thank you all,
    Art

Arthur Protin <protin@pica.army.mil>
These are my personal views and do not reflect those of my boss
or this installation.