A letter from Ivan Derzhanski

I have received the following letter from Ivan Derzhanski, who is
currently at home in Bulgaria.  The letter is in virtually perfect
Lojban (the zo quote should be a lo'u/le'u quote since a pause in the
middle makes the name two words, and the name is obviously not
meaningful Lojban).  Ivan and Nick have exchanged net mail in Lojban,
but this may be the first international Lojban letter between two people
of different native languages.  May it be first of many.

In the letter he asks for help in expressing some concepts, which will
be obvious in the text, even if you can't read the Lojban.  Please
suggest tanru or lujvo for any or all each (including diklujvo if you
want - jimc).  If you are not confident at lujvo-making from a tanru,
put the Lojban words together separated by a hyphen.  I encourage that
any proposed lujvo (especially diklujvo) come with a plausible place
structure.  Please post all suggestions to the list, not to me, for
comment on them by others.  I'll collect the discussions and send them
to Ivan in a couple of weeks.

No English translation is given - Ivan did not provide one.  But the
text is not very difficult.

___________

de'e xatra tu'i la pijyta'u
           de'i li pa pi'e ze pi'e sopa

coi lojbab.

ni'o  mi rinsa do tebe'i lemi tcadu no'u le la bulgariax. ralta'u
.i.oiru'e  mutce lenku  .i  le djacu carvi cu na sisti

ni'o  mi troci ke lojbo fanva lo lisri be ci'a pa le tercfi pe lemi
  natmi beme'e zo XRISto.SMIRnenski.
.iku'i  pi su'o loi selsku cu dukse nandu mi
.i  mi benji lo pagbu be ri do
.i.e'o  ko stidi le lojbo velsku

.i  zoi. problem.

(1)  dedicate (a story) to (sbd.)
(2)  clench one's fist;  fist (n.)
(3)  bribe; ransom
(4)  betray
(5)  tear, rend (cloth); rag (n,
(6)  bend, lean over (sbd.)
(7)  threat, menace (n.)
(8)  rush, dash
(9)  shrill, piercing (sound)

  .problem.

ni'o.a'o  la logfest. pe le cabnanca pu snada

co'omi'e

         .iVAN.

I note in passing that 'logfest' has the impermissible medial 'gf'.
Maybe it is time we switch the name to Lojban since people are starting
to write about it in Lojban.  What do people think of "la jbosalci"?

lojbab