Re: Gismu uniqueness

Chip Salzenberg writes:
> So if no gismu like "bridV" other than "bridi" can be created, then
> why not have all gismu end with the same vowell, say "o", thus freeing
> up "CVVCa", "CVVCe", etc. for other uses?

Mostly for better recognition.  "blanu" = "blue" would be considerably
less recognizable to English-speakers if it didn't end in "u".

Also, what other uses?  Gismu space is really pretty big, much larger than
the existing number of gismu, and that provides needed redundancy.  It is
already a problem with Lojban that a garbled cmavo can produce utter
nonsense; we need a reasonable amount of separation to make the language
humanly usable.

--
cowan@snark.thyrsus.com		...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban