Undefining the chemelems

Lojbab's recent proposal that words like {navni}, {nikle}, {romgu} be
undefined from their current, somewhat unencouraging meanings (Ne, Ni, Cr)
to more general and tanru'able definitions (shiny metal, glowing gas),
seems to me a good idea. In general gismu definitions should tend to
inclusiveness and generality; this is sorta already done with animals
(recall how urbanites are unfamiliar with fauna: there's no larks or
nightingales for most of us, just small annoyingly chirping birds. The
generalisation of semantics in increasingly seldom-used fields (agricul-
ture for the urbanite), and the corresponding increase in specificity
of growing fields (Compsci?) is worth considering in gismu definition,
and even in systematic le'avla borrowing.

I propose that John Cowan le'avla all the missing elements, and that this
redefinitions and the revised Chemelem list be discussed at Logfest. I
propose that absentee votes be taken, and notice given of this in JL, soon.

I am Nick.