Re: Digit strings

Alas, but subscripts break up a digit string, so what you have produced is
two numbers 1000sub8 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,111.

Recognizing that normal (as opposed to mathematical) usage of numbers, tends
to lead to small numbers of significant digits, we designed the language
to make it easier to clearly say simple numbers with few significant figures.

When you want to give many sig.figs., you will have to be cumbersome, or
do a slight variation on your approach and say 1x10**24+111 using the full
MEX grammar.  This is far preferable to both listener and speaker than counting
zeros, and also helps convey the sense of magnitude.  I strongly prefer using
exponential notation to ki'o strings when dealing with any numbers of great
magnitude (or small).  ki'o DOES support the number comma used in writing
numbers, and it also supports the standard convention in business reports
and the like to minimize the zeroes in large numbers all of the same magnitude
(i.e. U.S budget figures which are always in millions, or even billions).

lojbab