Re: Events & sisku [was: le/lo]

cu'u la ed
>There is a Zen koan, "What is your face before your parents were born?"

        ma flira do pu le nu le do rirni cu jbera

No problem in saying it in Lojban.

>There is also the problem of Plato's beard, described by Quine as "a
>tangled doctrine that has often dulled the edge of Occam's razor" since we
>can talk about it even though it doesn't exist, and may never have existed.

You can say that in Lojban too:

       lo firkre be la platon na ca zasti ije cumki fa le du'u fy na ze'epu
zasti

But whether the things we talk about exist in the real world or not is not
crucial to this discussion. We are trying to find out what classes of sumti
make sense as arguments of a given predicate.

>Some gismu have a place for the intended ontology. Can someone give us an
>example of that usage?

I'd like to see it too. Ontology places are the kind of places that I think
gismu should not have. (Or if some do, then all of them should, to be
consistent.)

co'o mi'e xorxes