Re: zo and cmevla

la lideniel. cusku di'e

> The Refgram gives the example {zo djan. cmene mi}, and
> it does warn that the usual rule about multiple names is
> superceded by the one-word after {zo} rule, but it does
> not make clear whether or not any single name is quotable
> with {zo}, and I don't see how it can be.  In particular,
> if I said {zo lideniel. cmene mi} wouldn't that parse
> incorrectly, as {zo} would be heard as quoting {li}?

Actually, it would come through as "zolideniel. cmene mi".
Names must be preceded by "la", "lai", "la'i", "doi", or pause,
and in this case pause is called for:  "zo .lideniel. cmene mi".

Names are identified by the consonant+pause sequence at the end;
one then works backward to the previous valid name-preceder.

--
John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
                        e'osai ko sarji la lojban