Re: What is Loglan/Lojban

At 1997-11-20 01:06, Logical Language Group wrote:

>The scope of the project is such as to make the core of the project "work",
>and have integrity for the designed purposes.  If people nibble away at the
>edges based on pragmatics, then the core loses much of its integrity, since
>you can avoid everything in the language without difficulty.

Actually, there's a very clear dividing line between material that builds
a loose map between meaning and words, and material that prescribes human
behaviour in relation to that map. I'm not against a culture of
logicality and literalism attached to the language, but it needs to be
recognised for what it is, and that includes being inessential to the
language proper, and inappropriate for certain applications.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA
http://www.halcyon.com/ashleyb/