logflash software

Could someone comment on the best ways to use lf and lf3 (the logflash
software)?

I have found that using the default of 20 new words per session to be
_way_ too much for my little brain to handle.  And I'm only in the "new
word review" mode.  This means I must frequently turn off new word
introduction just so I can clear out some of the old stuff.  I (perhaps
foolishly) thought that there is a good reason that the default is set
to 20.

It would seem that, upon entering the "gaining control" mode, you'd be
juggling at least 100 words between the various piles (on a good day).

I've struggled through about 340 words this way, but I'm considering
starting over with a smaller number of new words per session.

Or am I expecting to progress too fast?

My wife recalls reading an article that said you should generally
introduce about 5 new words per vocabulary lesson of a new language.  I
think I might be able to handle 7 to 10 with no problem.

Also, should both lf and lf3 be used concurrently?  Or should you get a
good grip on one vocabulary list and then start on the other?  (I've
only been using lf.)

Thanks for any advice from anyone.

Rik.