tu`a

John to me to Jorge:
> > > There's no problem either with:
> > >
> > >                             mi denpa tu'a lo plejykarce
> > >                             "I'm waiting for something about a taxi."
> > >
> > > because the quantification is within the abstraction:
> >
> > Was that actually established? I don't remember that.
>
> There is no doubt that (absent a prenex) quantification is local
> to the nearest enclosing bridi.

Agreed.

> Presumably a "tu'a", which implies
> an internal bridi (tu'a zo'e = tu'a le su'u co'e) has the same
> rule.

But in {broda tu`a da}, what is the nearest enclosing bridi for
da? Does it mean

  da zo`u broda le su`u da co`e

or

  broda le su`u da zo`u da co`e

? Jorge clearly thinks the latter, but if anything it's the
less straightforward option (since it goes against the syntax),
and I certainly don't remember an official pronouncement in its
favour.

--And