Re: mukti / djica

The difference between djica and mukti seems rather obvious to me.
I can want something without any hope that it will occur and without any
intent to take action.  mukti has the action motivated (i.e. one sense of
"caused by") by the motive, and it alos implies that the volition of x3 was
relevant to this causation.

Thus I can want to weigh 200 lbs (an unlikely amount of weight loss as you
know) in order to be healthy, and being healthy could be both a motive
and a reason for desire.  There is a way to then stretch your argument to
cover this.  But if I were to say that  I want someone to give me a million
dollars so I can spread Lojban books around the world, I cannot see that
my goal is necessarily going to be a cause/motive of such an event occuring.
If someone WERE to give me a million dollars it would likely be for a
different motive on the part of a different person, and my motives would
not have much relevance.

lojbab
----