Re: A few questions/comments after 16 hours of study

> [sic] mo tavla zo'e lojban
> Alternatively... Does anyone speak lojban?

{ma tavla zo'e la lojban}

I'll first assume that you mean {ma} here rather than {mo}.
{ma} asks the listener to fill in a sumti; {mo} asks for a
brivla (in this case, part of a tanru), and so would be asking
"In what way does someone unspecified speak in Loglan?"

Your question about "thinking in Loglan" would probably best
be expressed using the modal {bau}: {ma pensi bau la lojban}.
{pensi} doesn't have a place for the language of thought (if
such an idea really exists), so you have to make one.

> One thing I noticed about "mo" is it seems remarkably like a unification
> variable from prolog. But is it only intended to return a single value or
> can it also be used to request of the set of all values that satisfy the
> condition specified by the bridi?

{ma} and {mo} only request one example that would fit, but you
could certainly ask for a whole set with something like
{ma du ro ko'a poi tavla zo'e la lojban}, "What is-equivalent-to
all of those who-necessarily speak in Loglan?"

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lcrocker.html>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,