Re: le/lo

> No, I think that discourse limitation should be expressed with poi or pe.
> You can of course get a specific using "lo" with "lepalo broda.

There are plenty of other ways too, it seems to me: {lo vi mlatu} "some
cat(s) around here", {lo mi mlatu} "some cat(s) of mine", and of course
{ta poi mlatu} "that thing which is a cat".  Given all that, I think
the default of non-specificity for {lo} is the right choice, and the
default quantifier of {su'o} is right as well and useful for conversation:
{mi na nelci lo mlatu}, for example, says exactly the right thing: I
don't like some cats.  I do mean actual cats, not just things I describe
as cats, but I don't want to explicitly generalize that I dislike all
of them, just some of them, but nor do I have any particular ones in
mind (though no doubt some particular ones caused this opinion:)

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lcrocker.html>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,