Re: RV: na'e entails na?

And:
>Before it gets settled by consensus-of-everyone-except-me, can
>we see how the following things can be said:
>
>(1) If na`e entails na: How to say something equivlant to na`e
>    but not entailing na?

Not having kept up, I would require an example of what might be equivalent to
na'e that should not entail na in order to tackle this.  The only alternative
I can think of would be an aorist-like predicate "I claim a different
relationship from broda pertains, but not necessarily denying broda".
For this, I suggest that "bu'a", or perhaps "srana" suffice.  You could
even make explicit a connection to broda with "bu'a joi broda" which neither
entails nor excludes broda alone by massification rules.  For that matter
then "bu'a joi na'e broda" should also not entail a "na'e broda" which in
turn entails "na broda".

I could also beg the question by answering "nalbroda" (or appropriate
equivalent for the actual broda you have in mind), or "narbroda", each of
which as a lujvo strongly implies the corresponding non-lujvo form, but I
could not go so far as to say "entails it" because neither is actually in
the dictionary per se stating so.

A more genral idea, based on the "joi na'e broda" idea above is that "na'e
broda" in a tanru probably does not entail "na broda", and hence you can add
some other appropriate modifier or modificand to get across whatever it is
you are trying to say (which I have not yet fathomed, since I haven't conceived
of a na'e that shgould not entail na).

lojbab
----