Re: Consonant buffer

It has not been cnsidered optional to use the 'h' instead of the apostrophe.
There is an alternate orthography that was intended to be used in a peace
settlement with JCB and the Loglan community that would allow this, but
no one
ever uses the alternate orthography as a whole to my knowledge.

And Rosta uses the h vs. apostrophe in his Lojban writings, and violates
other conventions as well, Perhaps because he likes being an iconoclast.
He has been criticized for this, although his practices ARE fairly close to
the alternate orthography.  Of course it also means that his Lojban usages
often get ignored (all our automated tools will not recognize his texts
as being Lojban, so he can't use the parser, or get his usages processed
into the dictionary).

I don't think anyone besides And uses an alternate orthography.  there are
a few variations on writing  cmavo as compounds vs. separate, but for
the most part, Lojban writing is pretty standardized.

lojbab