Re: translation exercises:1

And:
> I vaguely recall us discussing this on the list once before. I or
> someone pointed out that "widdershins"/"withershins" (="anticlockwise")
> means going round something with one's left side nearest to it
> (it's the wrong way to walk round a graveyard, and has various other
> sinister connotations).

That's anticlockwise if you look at it from above, of course. From
the point of view of the graveyard's inhabitants it would be clockwise.

> This seems like a good convention to me. But what should the lujvo
> be {zul(ter)carna} = anticlockwise & {prit(ter)carna} = clockwise?

I think, according to dikyjvo rules:

zulcarna        x1 levogirates around axis x2 facing x3
                c1=z2 c2 (c3=z1) z3

zultercarna     x1 is the anticlockwise direction of giration
                around x2 by x3 which faces x4
                t1=z1 t2 t3=z2 z3

and the corresponding ones for {pritycarna} and {pritytercarna}.

> Do you happen to remember the name of the ftp site and directory and
> filename for the new giuste?

ftp  ra.cs.yale.edu
pub/lojban/gismu

It's the one dated 9/26/94.