Re: translation exercises:1

la kir cusku di'e
> e.  doi marca. .i me do cu prami
>         ^^^^^^
>               Can cmeme end with vovel?

Yes and no. Any selbri can be used as a name, so those kind of names
do end with a vowel. It is not clear what happens with gismu-form names
like {marca} that are not real gismu. Someone once used {la melbi burno}
and {la pitsi burgo} for "Melbourne" and "Pittsburgh", even though
most of those gismu don't exist.

On the other hand, {doi marce i mi do prami} is perfectly fine
and it means: "O Vehicle, I love you".

la and cusku di'e
> > > e.  Turn the screw to the left.
> ko cargau le klupe fo le zunle

Which is right, but what does it mean? Is turning to the left
clockwise or counterclockwise? My dictionary says that "levogiration"
is counterclockwise. Is that Lojban's convention, too?

> > > c.  la makdonaldz. cu gusta le festi ku
> > {It's waste food in McDonald's.}
> McDonald's is a restaurant located in detritus. (Which is true: I live
> opposite one.) (Actually, that translates {lo festi}.)

The new {gusta} doesn't have a location place, you are probably
looking at the old gi'uste.

Jorge