Re: lojban recordings

la .and. cusku di'e

> On the same topic, what would you use for a backchannel, like "right,
> yeah, mhm" etc.? (I.e. stuff the addressee says while the speaker's
> talking.) Nothing in COI seems an obvious choice. {je'e} seems
> the best, but my cmaste says it has a specialized usage of
> acknowledgement, which is different from backchanneling.

"je'e" is indeed the Right Thing; it specifically "acknowledges the successful
reception of a communcation" (the attitudinal paper).

What do you understand by "acknowledgement" other than this?  "vi'o"
represents acknowledgement (in the above sense) plus a willingness to
comply.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.