Re: jorne

You can call it that.  I would call it a garna se dandu bukpu.
It certainly isn't a lanci to me, zi'o or no zi'o.  (I MIGHT include
lanci in a modifier position if it was useful).  Note that there is
nothing even in English flags that requires them to be oblong.

BTW, my dictionary (American as it may be) specifically mentions symbolism as
an integral part of the defintion for flag, and for all but one definition of
banner (an advertising banner may not stand for anything in itself, but
catches the attention with words, colors or pictures).

lojbab