Re: zo'e (was: kau obverse)

Jorge, who doesn't like my example (deleted here), writes:

> I would infer that B was saying "they rely on Frank". I have a lot of trouble
> getting zo'e to mean "noda". I don't really mind if it is allowed in
> principle, but I doubt there will be contexts evident enough where "noda"
> can be elided without confusion.

You are probably right: checking my Chinese grammar shows no instances of
"noda", or anything -specific, represented by zero.  The typical use of zero
is to replace a +specific sumti rather than using a pronoun; the 3sg pronoun
ta1 mostly means "s/he" and is rather unnatural when used of non-humans
(although appearing in writing as a product of awkward translation).

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.