Re: Q-kau

Jorge:
>What is so malglico about kau? I like it very much, and I don't think
>we can drop it.

I believe that it is malglico, or at leats malropno, to label such things
as "questions", indirect or otherwise.  Let's let Veijo and Ken Shan (or Cowan
with his Chinese linguist hat on) tell us about indirection in Finnish,
Japanese, and Chinese.

BTW, I am also interested in how a language with totally free word order
handles the quantificational problems.  Esperanto claims to have totally free
word order - how does it deal with "Everybody loves somebody" with object
first?  Any other order-free languages provide insights?

lojbab