Re: reply: (1) veridicality

> Goran:
> >I thought you were from Argentine?
> >Or did I mix someting up again?
>
> I guess you probably mixed up me and Jorge.  He's from Argentina, I'm from
> the United States.

No, I mixed up the texts with the posters. Sorry again, Chris, Jorge...
Mav, mav, mav...

> >For as long one has to think
> >in hier* own language and translate his already verbalised thoughts,
> >I think one would use hier* native language phrases.
> >
> >(*) Hee is 'he or she', hier is 'him or her'... :)
>
> True, although most of us are doing a pretty good job most of the time of
> avoiding that in Lojban, and I know I at least am still translating from
> English in my head.  It's just that avoiding English phrases takes conscious
> effort.

I missed that one. That is quite true. And the effort we put into
it is often insufficient. If (NO! WHEN! :)) we become fluent in
lojban, we'll probably be pretty instinctive about {tu'a}, {lo} class,
metaphors and other things that now take much thinking and correction.
Right now, I don't know if anybody is really fluent in language, I
mean, that hee can think in it, so we're all prone to mistakes of
that kind. And even when we become more or less fluent, we still can
slip into our old language habits and say things wrong, so all we can
do is PRACTICE, people... More jboselmri, everybody! :)

> [ta'o Sometimes I use "they" and "their" for the 3rd person singular; it's a
> fairly common thing among some dialects of American English already, and it
> just happens to be gender-neutral.  Or, in this particular sentence you
> could use "one's" for "hier".  Just my $.02 -- "hee" and "hier" are fine
> with me!]

ki'e I like these :)

> I can't think of an English word for "simpatija" -- sounds useful!

Not really - used mainly by kids in primary school, being mildly in love
but usually too shy to admit it to anybody, so they tease other kids for
being in love... This is too mixed up, right? :)

zo'o co'o mi'e. goran.

--
Learn languages! The more langs you know, the more incomprehensible you can get
e'udoCILreleiBANgu.izo'ozo'onairoBANguteDJUnobedocubanRI'a.ailekadonaka'eSELjmi