Re: defaults

la lojbab cuska di'e

    All Lojban defaults are to some extent probable values for an
    ellipsis, at least in my opinion.  I would be willing to be
    overridden on this by Cowan and/or pc, since I don't think it has
    been discussed ewxplicitly in design discussions.  I think it has
    just been my implicit (default? %^) assumption.

Yes.  this has been my default assumption also.  Without it being
probabilistic, you have problems with tenses, numbers of entities, and
so on.  Think of the speakers of Lojban as computers in which the
default values of their programs are fuzzy logic, probabilistic
expressions rather than as single valued expressions.  Of course, this
desktop machine I am typing on would have a hard time with this sort
of expression, but the light weight parallel processor I'm carrying
around on the top of my neck does OK with this sort of default.