hex digits

>From: Chris Bogart <cbogart@quetzal.com>
>Subject:      Re: cmavo hit list - lojbab responds
>
>Lojbab said:
>>IF we want to allow for the possibility of using such systems without
>>the bias for decimals of the current system, they need to be
>>monosyllables.  And I have always abhorred the use of alphabetics for
>>these numbers.
>
>Do you have something else you prefer, or do you think A-F is the best
>alternative, given the ASCII character set and similar limitations?
>Would you use punctuation marks? or create new symbols?  Maybe with
>Unicode it will be possible to introduce something new.

I have no proposals regarding the modification of international or other
conventions for writing mathematical language - I am not a reformer - I
just try to cope with it (if someone else successfully proposes an
alternate symbol that gets adopted in the non-Lojban world, I wouldn't
be unhappy).  The lerfu .abu. in the middle of a numerical text has more
than one plausible meaning than as a hex digit.  I want a way to read
that symbol off that is consistent with its role as a digit of specific
value.

lojbab