Re: cmavo hit-list

And:
> If you study "lo siho [the sun goes round the earth]" you're a
> psychologist. If you study "lo duhu [the sun goes round the earth]"
> you're an astronomer.

I think the psychologist doesn't study that idea, but something about
the idea, like why someone would believe that. The sentence
{le menmikce cu tadni le si'o le solri cu mluni le terdi} sounds very
strange to me.

lojbab:
> I think you could use "du'u" in any of those you listed for "si'o" with
> different semantics.  (And gave the example of one meaning astronomer,
> the other meaning
> psychologist - though I would think (natural) philosopher more appropriate
> to the si'o version.

Even with a philosopher, the sentence doesn't sound right. I can understand
other people studying the evolution of the idea, or the consequences of the
idea, or the reasons for the idea, but what the idea itself represents is
studied by the astronomer.

> Thus le/lo du'u klama referes to specific bridi relations reflecting events
> of going.  These goings could be evaluated individually for whether they
> are true/false.

I don't think saying {mi krici le du'u do klama} says anything about the
truth value of {do klama}. I don't see much difference with {mi krici
le si'o do klama}.

> le/lo si'o klama to me would bring to mind the sensation/imagination of
> "going" without focussing clearly on who/what is going,or desitnations,
 routes,
> or means.  I mentioned dreams and thoughts because OFTEN (not always) when we
> dream or think, we focus on the relationship, and not on specific or quasi-
> specific instances of the relationship.

Well, I'll have to think more about it. I'm not very convinced, but I admit
there might be something there. I probably won't be using si'o for now, but
if I see others using it an it seems to make sense, I might also do it,

Jorge