Re: "re lo'e broda" is semantically bogus

mi pu cusku di'e

> > BTW, I think that your argument that "lei" (and presumably "lai") want
> > "piro" as the outside quantifier because they are +specific is incorrect.
> > Outside quantifiers for masses (and sets) aren't true quantifiers, they are
> > partitioners (or sumpn like that).

la xorxes. cusku di'e

> Does that mean that {lei broda} means {le pisu'o lei broda}?
>
> Otherwise, I can't see how it can be specific.

You are correct, and I was muddled here.  I now think that "lei"/"lai" are
-specific, but they are a -specific portion of a +specific mass.  The
same is true of "loi", of course, but the mass is -inmind +veridical
rather than +inmind -veridical.

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.