Re: Nested preposed relatives (Was: Re: Allnoun)

la veion cusku di'e

> > A simple change to the
> > grammar would help a lot in this situation. One ought to be able to
> > say just something like
> >
> > (7) *le xoi le smacu pu kavbu ku'o mlatu cu jersi xu'o gerku
>
> > > sumti_tail = [sumti_5 [relative_clauses]] sumti_tail_1
> > >              | relative_clauses sumti_tail_1
>               *| XOI sentence [KUhO# sumti_tail_1]... XUhO# sumti_tail_1

It still doesn't work, because {mlatu cu jersi} is not a sumti-tail.

Even if you succeed in making it work however, this still doesn't put them
on an equal footing with postposed clauses, for at least one reason: you
can only nest {poi}s, what about {noi}s? And if you have another XOI for
{noi}s, what about mixtures?

I think this construction would be too specific, so I don't think it's
worth the extra complication of the grammar. Relative clauses are
essentially postposed in Lojban, and I doubt that can be changed with any
simple change to the grammar.

Jorge