Re: current cmene project

la lojbab pu cusku di'e

> > The classifier word is that - a classifier.  With names of cities, you could
> > indeed do this, but "cmacr-" on mathematical terms should not give you the
> > place structure of cmacu.

la xorxes. cusku di'e

> I was thinking of things like foods, animals, plants, etc, where a structure
> like "pertains to" doesn't make that much sense. What mathematical terms start
> with "cmacr-"? From what language were they borrowed? Mathematical texts will
> look very funny if every third word begins with "cmacr-".

So they will, but all technical texts in Lojban will be riddled with similar-
looking type 3 le'avla.  If Lojbanic mathematics gets to be really important,
we can start constructing type 4 le'avla without prefixes.

The chief languages of math(s) in the Real World are French (for the French),
Russian (for the Russians), and English (for the English-, Spanish-, German-
Italian-, and Japanese-speakers).  Chinese math is still an open question.
See the letter in JL9:11.

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.