Re: current cmene project

You certainly CAN have content bearing cmene

1) You can make the name by loan-translation of the native name, then
make sure it ends in a consonant (which sometimes means that you choose
a different rafsi for the final term - a CVC:  e.g., la lojban. vs. lojbau,
which is the prototype of this type of name)

2( You can do the same thing but leave it as a brivla:  "la lojbau" is
a content-bearing name.  My daughter Angela Katrina, has a middle name
chosen for its Lojban content:  she is sometimes "la ka trina"
which is a name that in my biased opinion suits her quite nicely.
(8 years old and she is already a terrible flirt).

So one could easily do the Snake River as la sincytairirx. or la sincytairi'e.
Generally, though, people will choose names of the consonantal-ending variety
for long-term use, unless they expect to use the word often with modifiers:

la mabla merkytrutcadu  for the US capital city

because otherwise you have to worry about terminators as you have to worry
for "le" descriptions.  Consonant-final names need no terminators.

lojbab