Re: ciska bai tu'a zo bai

folks,
    lojbab says:

> Remember that attitudinals for the most part are expressions of the self.
> "ga'inai" expresses "I am so meek" as compared to that whch it marks.
>
> In this case, however, Zipf may argue for a reversal of meaning for ga'i,
> since almost all examples of actual usage are of "ga'inai", and a lot more
> people have reason to be obsequious than blatantly pompous.

I, for one, would like to see a language (& culture) that promotes the
individual.  Thank you for pointing it out.  When I get back to doing things
in and with lojban, I'll have to remember to liberally use "ga'i" and see
if I can start a trend.  (Any of you are welcome to beat me to the punch.)
I have such disrespect for obsequiousness.
    Besides those that would use "ga'inai" have nothing better to do with
their time so there is no reason to shorten it, although, I "ga'i" do have
more important things to do than listen to their "ga'inai".

    thank you all,
    Arthur Protin

Arthur Protin <protin@summit.novell.com>
STANDARD DISCLAIMER: Any views expressed are strictly those of the author and
are in no way indictative of his employer, customers, or this installation.