Back orders, announcement of le lojbo karni 18/19

I am mailing tomorrow the new newsletter issue (le lojbo karni = LK),
issue number 18/19.  The dual number is because LK18 did not come out last
summer at the time of JL18, and most of the contents of this issue is
material that was derived from JL18, with some updates to news to bring
the information up-to-date.  The number 19 means that I do not intend to
put out a separate issue #19 to go with JL19 when I prepare it (hopefully
within a month or so), so the next LK issue will be number 20, issued at the
same time as JL20, probably near the end of the year.

I also expect to mail all back-orders that have been accumulating for an
incrtedibly long time.  If you requested printed info on Lojban or ordered
something from us any time in the last year, it probably has been sitting in
my "to-do" basket all this time, since I have put 100% priority on the
dictionary since last July, except for reading and responding to email,
and fulfilling legal obligations for the organization.

For people who have waited for orders, you are getting a written apology for
the delay.   Also, if your order is prepaid, we are trying to include some
extra material that is appropriate to your interest level, as partial
recompense for making you wait - the value of this additional material is
about 10% of the price of your order per month that we made you wait.  A couple
of people who have a lot of our material are getting a credit to thier account
equal to this 10% per month, so they can select from future materials or
back issues of JL.

Hopefully, I have the mess cleared up, and we are trying to change the way I do
things around here so this kind of backup never occurs again.  But then, once
the dictionary is done, I don't expect to have any 'super-priorities' that
could cause me to put off orders for so long.

lojbab
----
lojbab                           Note new address:    lojbab@access.digex.net
           Ask me about the artificial language Loglan/Lojban.