GENERAL: The Lojban WWW Server

The initial phase of the server is gradually taking shape. I spent
a busy afternoon adding and editing material. There are almost no
links between the files yet as I am concentrating on the quantity
and representativeness of the material. Almost all the introductory
material is there plus some extra tidbits to whet the appetite
of academic linguists.

I have received two i'esai messages from the list, and there have
been 4 visits - 2 from the U.S. and 2 from the U.K.

I'd appreciate as many people from the list as possible coming
and taking a look and commenting on the contents and the presentation.
I'd also like to know what type of client program/browser you are
using.

I am also interested in the transfer rates you are getting.
The lines to the server are presently quite fast (the slowest link
between the server and Sweden/USA is 2 Mbits/s and I have transferred
large files at up to 27 kbytes/s from FTP servers in the U.S.).
Your local conditions may vary, and there may be temporary congestion
at various segments and gateways along the route, of course.

I'd also like to have comments from people WITHOUT WWW access,
primarily suggestions concerning the priorities in introducing
new material and any ideas concerning the internal/external
hypertext links within this kind of material.

The present home page:

----- contents: -----

                   LOJBAN - THE LOGICAL LANGUAGE

                   LA LOJBAN PO'U LE LOGJI BANGU

   This is an experimental WWW server for material concerning the
   constructed language Lojban.

   All the Lojban specific material is copyright of

                    _The Logical Language Group, Inc._
                        ( - Contact Information )

  Lojban Material

     - Lojban Introduction
     - Lojban Mini-Lesson ( Draft, slightly dated but valuable, with
          exercises )
     - Lojban BNF Grammar
     - Lojban Pronunciation Guide
     - Lists of Lojban Root Words
     - Lists of Lojban Structure Words

  MISCELLANEOUS

     - Lojban Semantic Analyser ( written in Prolog )
     - Links to a Temporary Lojban-English Dictionary
     - Access the Lojban FTP Archive

  TEXT EXAMPLES

     - Beowulf Excerpt
     - Martin Luther King, "I Have A Dream" speech

   For people preparing material for WWW servers:

     - HTML Quick Reference ( Hypertext Markup Language )
     - Crash course on writing documents for the Web (at PCWEEK.ZIFF.COM )

--

  co'o mi'e veion

.i mi du la'o sy. Veijo Vilva sy.