Athelstan update

Those of us here in DC are starting to smile a bit.  I saw Athelstan yesterday,
and he opened his eyes.  He is trying to talk, though he cannot yet
articulate clearly enough that we can understand the words.  Although he is
still considered in a coma, he is at the highest stage thereof, and the p
progress he is making is noticeable on a weekly basis, if not a daily one.
He still faces a long recovery before we have him back actively working on
Lojban, and the loss will be trying in this critical book-writing period
(he is one of my two main proof-readers, among other things), but I'm starting
to be a little optimistic about the loonnng run (months, maybe a couple of
years, who knows?)

lojbab