More comments on old material

   Date:         Mon, 13 Jan 1992 13:38:15 GMT
   From: CJ FINE <C.J.Fine%BRADFORD.AC.UK@cuvmb.cc.columbia.edu>

   2. Intersections and goi.
   Your answer to Jack contains ".i .a'o ko'a goi ri .e ra li'o".
   Athelstan writes (p.14) "ko'a goi ge leko'u speni gi leko'u re citno
   bruna".
   These seem to entail that "ko'a du ri .ije ko'a du ra" or in the other
   case "ko'a du le speni po ko'u .ije ko'a du le citno bruna po ko'u".
   This is clearly false.
    I think that the problem here is that ".e" would be better replaced by
   "jo'u". What I wonder is, how many other places are we using ".e"
   inappropriately?

Definitely.  Using .e as above gives me entirely the wrong picture: ko'a
goi la bil. .e la xaris. implies that ko'a is Bill and also Harry, and
probably that Bill therefore is also Harry.  The only thing I'd differ with
you on is that to indicate that ko'a is the group of Bill and Harry, I'd
use "joi", not "jo'u".  After all, in this situation we *are* mixing them
to form a team, a single unit comprised of the both of them, so "joi" makes
more sense.

~mark