Re: example of mass

Arthur Protin writes:
>     I do have a major problem with the example for "lei".  I do not
> accept that an airplane can be reasonably considered a mass of parts.

Anything involved with masses is a mess, to my mind.  We really have to
figure out what they mean; the various "official" definitions I have
seen have been plausible but at best non-unique in the sense that "loi"
means one thing in one context and something else elsewhere; at worst
the definitions have been unuseable.  I certainly don't claim my
example is much better.  But I had to do the best I could.  For a while
some progress was being made in list discussion about masses; maybe it
will pick up again later.

		-- jimc