Silly questions

Folks,
    I have started to correspond with someone using nothing but lojban.
(That means we're not saying much yet, but we are both making progress.)
This situtation leads to mountains of questions and more than enough of
them are of a trivial nature (or nearly so).  After posting the first of
these trivial questions I am left with very mixed emotions.  So many
kind people responded with aid that I realize using this forum for such
queries consumes a terribly large amount of bandwidth.  However, given
that I did receive wrong answers, it is not clear that even questions
as trivial as that are a waste of our time and resources.  What do the
rest of you think?  Is it time to split the list in two: one for theory,
and one for usage (with the view that when it gets big enough that
usage can be further subdivided into beginners and non-beginners (maybe
by then I won't have to ask queries in the beginner's-usage-list))?
Should I direct-email my questions to a few of the more experienced
lojbani and only post questions after we find ones that are not
trivial?  Are there any volunteers?  Has anybody compiled a (FAQ) list
of "Frequently Asked Questions" for lojban-list?

    I also want to suggest to members who are away for a while:  Don't
try to post comments/responses to everything interesting in one or two
days.  You swamp the rest of us.  For example, however argumentative
and abusive I may be towards Nick, I still try to read all of his postings
and respond to the ideas he presents. Today I started my week out with
more than 60 email messages of which 15 were lojban-list and Nick's were
ones that required looking things up in order for me to follow what he
was saying.  I might even agree with him this once but I am not sure
because there was just too much to absorb on a Monday morning. (Maybe,
if things are quiet tomorrow, I will go back and reread them (they did
seem good enough to deserve that).)

    thank you all,
      Art

Arthur Protin <protin@pica.army.mil>
These are my personal views and do not reflect those of my boss
or this installation.