Re: bye, various comments, culture/religeon.

Folks,
    John Cowan introduces me (and maybe all of us) to the word
"so'icevykri" which he literally translates as "many-gods-believer"
which seems like a good word to have and should be translated
as "polytheistic".
    According to Websters, the word "pagan" is a synonym for "heathen",
and both seem to me to be more like "barbarian" in that they refer
to "non-us" people with the distinction being that the first two
are by religion and the later is by culture.
    Therefore, I suggest that we need a gismu (we may have it for
all I know) of the form:

    ...is-different,from-the-norm-of-the-set...,in-aspect...

Then the word "pagan" would translate into this word with the first
place filled in with the set of Judeo-Christians and aspect
elipsed because it is obvious from the set definition.

    thank you,
    Art Protin

Arthur Protin <protin@pica.army.mil>
These are my personal views and do not reflect those of my boss
or this installation.