computer-network tanru

>So I would suggest that one build the Lojban word for "computer network" on
>a metaphor more akin to "graphwork" than "network".

Assuming that one wants to construe julne in the narrow sense, I agree with
most of the rest of your analysis. I am still not sure we want to be that
puritanical about gismu -- seems to me we run a risk of being so persnickety
that they lose their intended power as a primitive-concept set.

I think one thing this demonstrates is that we need a gismu corresponding to
the English word "link".